Waxing is considered one of the most convenient ways to remove unwanted vegetation at home. Despite the growing popularity of shugaring, many women are not in a hurry to give up the usual wax strips in favor of sugar paste, and not without a reason. After waxing, the skin becomes softer and silky, for a long time it maintains perfect smoothness, and the growing hairs become much thinner and lighter. In addition, the additional effect of peeling allows you to remove wax, dead cells, and clean pores.
However, in each barrel of honey, there is at least a fly in the ointment, and waxing is no exception. This method has its drawbacks, one of which is the rapid hardening and dripping of wax. Even the most careful and meticulous treatment does not guarantee that after depilation, there will be no sticky marks on the skin or clothes that are quite difficult to wash off. How to remove wax drops painlessly from areas where depilation was not planned? And is it possible to quickly clean wax-stained clothes? Useful lifehacks, collected in the article, will help solve these problems without any extra effort!
Cleansing the skin after depilation: tips cosmetologists
It may seem that it is not necessary to remove the remaining wax from the skin – it will erase on its own over time. This opinion is not just a mistake – the delay, in this case, is fraught with serious dermatological problems, including rash, allergic reactions, and inflammation. In addition, the remnants of wax tightly clog the pores, which can lead to the formation of acne and suppuration. Therefore, it is desirable to get rid of wax droplets immediately after depilation, while they have not yet had time to completely harden.
In fact, it is easy to make it easy – for sure there is at least one tool in your home that will help you quickly and painlessly cope with the problem that has arisen!
The easiest way to erase sticky marks is a cosmetic composition designed specifically for this purpose. A well-thought formula allows you to soften the structure of the wax, after which it can be removed from the skin with a regular cotton pad or a damp cloth. Such tools are usually sold in specialized stores complete with a set for depilation.
Any fat cream or lotion
In principle, even a children’s cream will be suitable for cleansing the skin, if it is dense enough – the main thing is that the percentage of fat cosmetics in the skin should be high. To remove the wax, it is enough to apply a cream or lotion on the contaminated area with a thick layer, wait 2-3 minutes, and then wipe it off with a soft paper towel along with the remaining sticky residue. And an additional bonus will be deep nutrition, which is extremely necessary for the skin immediately after depilation. This method will reduce the likelihood of irritation to zero, relieve inflammation after a painful procedure and soothe the damaged dermis.
Body oil is probably the best option to remove sticky stains after depilation. Ideally, if it is made in the form of a spray, it is even easier to apply it on the skin. Just sprinkle the soiled areas, wait for a while for the wax to “flow away”, and then gently wipe the skin with a napkin. In principle, the usual liquid oil in the bottle will do: it should be applied to a cotton pad, applied to the skin and rubbed a little – it will become noticeably cleaner and softer.
If there is neither fat cream nor cosmetic oil on hand, it’s okay – they can be replaced with olive or sunflower oil. Such home remedies will do the job just as well, but after applying them you will have to thoroughly wash your skin using a gel or liquid soap with a neutral pH. The skin after depilation is especially vulnerable, so thorough washing is not welcome, but you should not leave such a greasy product in the damaged area – the oil can clog the pores, especially if the dermis is initially prone to increased greasiness.
This method is the riskiest, so it should be resorted to last. If it is not possible to remove the wax in another way, direct the stream of hot air to the contaminated areas, and when the drops become softened, blot them with a paper towel or a regular napkin. Try to be extremely careful not to overheat the skin and do not get a thermal burn from hot air. And after everything is clean, be sure to apply a soothing lotion.
These same tools are fashionable to use if you want to remove the wax from the hair – long curls often get dirty during depilation, but it is extremely difficult to comb out the stinging substance. However, in this case, you can start with a hair dryer, especially if the hair is from nature rather oily.
The best way to remove wax from clothes
If during depilation you have soiled clothes, a towel or underwear, do not rush to throw it in the trash can – you can quickly remove the stain that has appeared from absolutely any fabric. To do this, use the proposed algorithm:
- Carefully remove the part of the substance that can be removed manually. At the same time try not to rub the stain, otherwise, it will increase in size.
- Fold the dry paper tissue several times and place it under the fabric where the wax spot is located.
- Cover the top of the wax with another cotton napkin.
- Preheat the iron to medium temperatures so that it remains warm but not scalding hot.
- Carefully iron the stain over a cotton napkin: from the heat, the wax will begin to melt and soak into the paper backing under the fabric.
- Regularly change the paper napkins, repeating the procedure until the stain disappears.
After that, you will only have to wash your favorite clothes or textiles – and not a trace will be left of the wax.
How to avoid the appearance of sticky marks after depilation
It is almost impossible to completely eliminate the possibility of wax leakage, however, it is still possible to reduce the likelihood of severe contamination. To do this, during the depilation should follow a few simple rules:
- Bring fatty lotion or cream with you to the bathroom: removing traces of wax at the time of their appearance is many times simpler than at the end of the procedure.
- In no case do not try to wash off the wax stains with water – from this substance hardens and becomes more resistant. Even the flow of hot water will not help – the wax will only spread, increasing the area of contamination.
- Try to apply the product with a minimal thin layer – excess depilation products will definitely leave unsightly spots behind.
- Stronger press strips to the skin, so that the maximum possible part of the wax is still removed along with the hairs, as the procedure requires.
- If you prefer ready-made wax strips, be sure to check that they come with special wipes impregnated with a cosmetic composition to remove sticky marks.
- Remove from the reach of all your favorite towels, change clothes into that outfit that you don’t mind throwing away – you don’t have to worry about clothes in case of force majeure.
- Collect the hair in a convenient bundle so that they do not interfere during the home spa procedures and do not get dirty.
Observing these simple precautions will reduce the likelihood of sticky stains from waxing to a minimum. Be careful during depilation, and your skin will be perfectly clean and smooth, no matter what!