Many people are unaware that there are effortless and essential ways to improve cyber security against a computer or mobile device. We store personal data of great importance with an increasingly complex digital life. It is convenient to use different techniques and resources that guarantee our security and that of our information. However, not everyone knows or implements very basic and almost fundamental measures about the dark web and deep web, which can practically be considered sin in our day.
How to improve cyber security?
We will show you effortless ways to make everything work like silk with your software. Always have the last resort in case of a catastrophic failure. Create your safety of sensitive information or to navigate the Internet really without limits.
Everything we tell you below applies to any computer, device, or operating system. Just investigate what programs and apps are available if you want to use these techniques on Windows, Android, and your iPhone. Here are the basic safety measures for your digital life.
Having always updated software is the cornerstone on which all your security is based on the PC. The most current versions of your operating system or your programs are the only ones that can guarantee the highest protection possible. So, take time to have everything up to date if you don’t want to be a victim of potential security breaches. Pay attention to software developers to be alert.
We have more and more online service accounts. Our identity on the Internet is a precious asset, and it becomes difficult to remember all the access codes. Nor is it a good idea to always use the same, because before an attack all your data could be exposed. A password manager allows you to save your keys securely after a master password, but it will also be useful to generate new, more secure passwords.
It is repeated to satiety. It is that reserves are the only reliable way to ensure that in case of failures. You can return to the state of the equipment where everything went like silk. Today there are programs that in the background and without discomfort are able not only to create backup copies but even to save them in the cloud. So, they are always available wherever you need them.
The use of VPN networks has also grown exponentially in recent times. These virtual private networks allow us to hide our real IP address and therefore make it difficult for anyone to discover who is really behind a connection. Another of its advantages is that they allow us to mask our communications and keep them away from others. They are popularly used to access restricted content from other countries.
What to do to surf the Internet safely?
1. The first thing you have to do is make sure you use a good antivirus, mainly if you use the Windows operating system. There are indeed many users who do not use antivirus because the computer slows them down, but this is very risky. Every day new viruses emerge that must be addressed, and you don’t know what vulnerability you may have.
2. Keep your programs and your operating system always up to date. These cumbersome Windows updates, or invitations to use the latest update or version of a program, are one of the guarantees that your software does not become obsolete. When you use programs with older versions, the risk of vulnerability is higher.
3. Cover the webcam with an adhesive. Are you sure that there is no one watching you? Do not play it. If you are not going to use the webcam at that time, it is better that you have it covered so that nobody can see what you do. There are applications that, when downloaded, serve the cybercriminal to monitor your webcam and see everything you do.
4. Browse through a VPN. To surf the Internet with greater security, it is always better to use a Virtual Private Network. This way, you make sure that they are not easily detected from where you are connecting.
5. Always use strong passwords. Do not use typical and easy to guess passwords, such as “1234” or “password,” because many people use them, and it is easy for someone to sneak into your accounts. Use upper and lower case letters, different types of characters, etc.
6. Verify that you browse pages with “https” protocol. Especially when it comes to bank websites or cloud applications that you use. If you are not using this protocol, you are at risk by exchanging personal data.
In these ways, you can improve cyber security primarily. For more advanced security, you must have recourse to a cybersecurity expert.