Luxurious chandeliers with crystal pendants have always been associated with harmony, chic and nobility. Only they can complement the interior with extraordinary light overlaps. But as a result of exposure to moisture, sedimentation of dust and soot, the transparent parts of the lamp cease to reflect the light properly. They can quickly lose their gloss, and over time, and completely lose a decent look – become covered with a cloudy coating that turns the shining crystal into a dull and unpreventable glass. Almost all owners of crystal products are firmly convinced that washing them is still entertainment. Noticing insignificant pollution, they repeatedly postpone the process of cleaning the chandelier, thereby further aggravating the problem. This approach shows only one thing: many women simply do not know how to do it right at home. There are many ways to remove dust and old bloom from a delicate surface, knowing that even a child can wash a crystal chandelier!
The better to wash the ceiling crystal chandelier
The choice of detergent to cleanse, first of all, depends on the nature of the pollution. In some cases, lamps, hanging in the bedrooms and corridors, it is enough just to slightly refresh, brushing them with dry dust. But there are situations when the crystal chandelier (for example, in the kitchen) is covered with a resistant layer of greasy deposits. Therefore, before determining the means for washing, it is important to analyze the intensity of pollution.
Crystal chandeliers can be washed with solutions from:
- 1 tbsp. l vinegar and a teaspoon of salt, diluted in cool water – to remove dry dust;
- 1 tablespoon of ammonia, diluted in 1 liter of water – with a weak deposit or clouding of crystal;
- 2 tsp. liquid fat-soluble products (laundry soap, dishwashing detergent, etc.) added to 1 liter of water – in case of soot and grease on pendants;
- Alcohol or vodka – with the most stagnant pollution.
Chandeliers with crystal pendants can be washed and ready-made solutions, sold in the respective stores. However, the price of specialized products several times exceeds their cost, and the composition, as a rule, is no different from mixtures prepared at home.
Key rules for targeting cleanliness
Crystal is a very delicate material. But despite its susceptibility, its surface is extremely smooth. Therefore, any dirt falling on it can be easily removed. To do this, you only need to choose the right detergent and follow the step-by-step instructions for cleaning.
Crystal chandelier should be washed in the following sequence:
- Turn off the electricity supply.
- If possible, detach the suspensions (after fixing their location in the photo, it is better – from different angles).
- Place removable crystal parts in a plastic dish with washing solution, leave for 30-40 minutes. After the time has elapsed, wipe each pendant with a lint-free cloth.
- If the design of the lamp is solid, several times you can wipe all the details of the crystal with a fabric napkin that does not leave a nap, or with ordinary gauze moistened with the selected detergent.
- The frame should be washed with a previously selected solution. Carved and rough surfaces can be brushed with a soft bristle brush.
- When the dirt is removed, rinse the crystal parts with a weakly acidic solution of vinegar.
- Hang loose pendants and rub the whole lamp with a clean, dry cloth.
It is possible to connect the chandelier to the electrical supply only after all the components have completely dried. Otherwise, an undesirable raid may appear on the crystal parts, and in the worst case, a short circuit will occur (due to the presence of moisture).
In order for the chandelier to always shine, you need to know the basic rules for caring for crystal:
- To avoid accumulation of dust, you can wipe the suspension with a dry cloth and treat the entire structure with special means with an antistatic effect.
- During washing, do not use detergent containing abrasives.
- It is important to ensure that the pendants suspended from the chandelier do not come into contact with hard surfaces, which leave scratches, and also do not touch each other.
- Crystal is better not to rinse in water whose temperature exceeds 30 °.
- Do not wipe the parts with a lint-free cloth.
Remove dirt from the suspension and the frame is better when it first appears. This allows you to quickly and effortlessly cope with pollution. Proper care of the crystal chandelier will prevent the formation of persistent plaque and turbidity, and most importantly – to avoid the need to wash it regularly.