Sometimes companies have excellent effects of technology on business productivity tools at their fingertips, but due to ignorance in their use, they do not finish exploiting in the right way. This may be the case of Office 365, the suite of the computer giant that most organizations already use on their PCs.
This platform is so popular among companies that, according to figures revealed by the company in May 2017, Office 365 has already exceeded 100 million monthly active users of the commercial versions.
However, many are unaware that much of their characteristics are aimed at reinventing productivity and allowing each organization to be more productive and achieve their goals, regardless of where they are or what device they have in their hands at any time.
The general effects of technology on business like using Office 365
There are many reasons why Office has established itself as one of the most used platforms by companies around the world. Here are six of the most important advantages that Office 365 offered:
- Possibility of collaboration: Being a service in the Cloud, this suite of tools increases productivity by facilitating the dynamics of internal and external collaboration.
- Without complications: In the event that a user needs help, Office 365 has premium support for users.
- High security: One of the most important issues for companies today is that of security. That’s why Office 365 has security tools that protect the most important information about the company.
- Constantly updated: To prevent errors, improve tools and avoid security flaws, Office 365 is constantly updated, so users will always have the latest version without having to worry about paying a large sum to buy software licenses every two years.
- Cost reduction: It is an all-in-one service and this suite minimizes the total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Superior user experience: It does not matter if you are using a PC or working anywhere with a mobile device.
Exploiting Cloud capabilities effects of technology on business
It is precisely one of the great benefits that Office 365 has is the ability that offers users access to all their tools remotely, either through the computer or from their mobile devices.
In this way, Office 365 offers a business email (Exchange Online), file synchronization and shared solution (OneDrive for business), virtual meetings and instant messaging (LyncOnline), internal and external web builder for digital presence (Sharepoint Online), business social network (Yammer) and, of course, the latest version of the popular Office suite (more updates).
Likewise, thanks to its relationship with the Cloud, Office 365 contributes improvements in the productivity of the employees allowing them among other things to edit documents collaboratively at the same time. Of course, it’s not being necessary to be in the same place. Whatever is the number of users that access and regardless of the document format they can collaborate.
Information security and remote access
At this point, many organizations will ask about the issue of remote access and of course, how Microsoft can guarantee the security of your information. Remember that with these tools employees can access the files of the entire company from anywhere, if they have an Internet connection, and more than one user can open the same document simultaneously, which facilitates collaborative or teamwork.
Well, Office 365 offers a rigorous security system to protect user data and high-level spam filter for emails, so that remote access never becomes a problem, but will always be a secure solution. The tools are simple and intuitive, but its effects of technology on business are very helpful. In the case of difficulty, Microsoft technical support is available by phone and online.