On average, a person spends around 33% of their time in an decoration office. However, in the case of an entrepreneur, the days usually extend up to 10 hours a day. So making this space as comfortable and inspiring as possible is extremely important.
An orderly, clean and decoration office to your liking has a relaxing effect on the body. And encourages creativity. Also, according to psychologists, the environment created in this space directly influences productivity and personal performance.
Therefore, it is essential that at the moment you choose the design and objects of your decoration office you have in mind that they should make you feel comfortable. But not too much to prevent you from focusing on your business and finish with the pending ones.
key points in the distribution and decoration of offices
Professional designer that before designing your decoration office. It does not matter if it’s in a corporate building or in your own home, answer these questions
- What kind of work will you do in that space?
- Will external clients visit you there?
- Will your colleagues access it to work together?
- What kind of materials do you need to have in view, or easy to obtain, and which ones can be archived?
- What kind of equipment do you require?
- Will you make video conferences from there?
- What do I need to make it my space?
Now, the next step to build your decoration office is to analyze these five points:
Equipment Speed and efficiency are the key factors for an decoration office. Before making any purchase, analyze if you really need that equipment (for example, a large color copier) or if it will only take up space and make you spend.
Heinz recommends that you try that most of your equipment does not have wires, this will allow you to work sitting or standing. Which drives creativity and will avoid the mess generated by the cable.
Basic equipment: a telephone (with answering machine and loudspeaker); a computer. Either your laptop or desktop; a desk with a table and a comfortable chair; and one or more archivists.
The lighting. Having good lighting is essential. Preferably, choose a space that has windows and that is illuminated by sunlight. Because it is the most suitable because it has approximately equal proportion of all the colors of the spectrum.
If you need to put artificial lighting, look for it to be as close to natural light and preferably yellowish because this tone is warmer and more comforting. Consider choosing more powerful bulbs for the night or cloudy days. You should keep in mind that if the lighting is poor. This will affect your mood and may even lead to depression.
Another factor you should consider is to avoid reflections, especially on your computer screen as this will affect your eyesight and prevent you from working well.
Privacy. No one can work efficiently in an area with noise and interruptions. When you plan your decoration office, choose a secluded space where you can close the door. Another idea to decrease the distracting sounds is to put some ‘white sounds’ such as those caused by a fan or air conditioning.
Organization. Keeping your decoration office tidy will reduce your stress levels. Your desk should have only items related to daily work, such as a computer. Avoid having stacks of papers or too many items that distract you.
The solutions to have your decoration office organized are easy and inexpensive: pens, filing cabinets, containers and decorative boxes. By arranging your papers and files look for ways to improve workflow.
Ergonomics. Your health, safety and comfort are basic. Therefore, the items you choose must be designed to offer you this. Acquire an ergonomic chair that fits your body (the backrest must have a position at a 90 degree angle) and give you a good posture, especially while you are at the computer. Although these cost more, it is well worth the investment since they increase your productivity and performance.
Consider also having an armchair to recharge your feet, an ergonomic mouse that fits your hand. And mousepads that allow you to relax your wrists. Having these accessories in your workplace will make your body less stressed.
- Only have objects related to work in your decoration office. The rest of your spaces (your house, car, etc) should not have these items. This will help you achieve a better balance between your personal and professional life.
- To decorate your desktop use a decorative plant. Living elements help you to relax and your mood better.
- Be careful when choosing colors , because they generate physical and emotional reactions. The color of your walls should be clear as in white, gray and ivory. For example, blue, green and violet tones give a feeling of peace and help concentration and relaxation. Avoid too warm tones such as red or orange as these can cause stress. The purple stimulates the imagination and the yellow stimulates enthusiasm.
- Add a personal object. Be it your family photograph or a stuffed animal or accessory that reminds you of happy moments. This, in addition to personalizing your space, will inspire you. Remember that your decoration office should be a space where you like to be.
- Make an eco friendly decoration office . Include in your space saving lights, recycled materials and even eco-friendly furniture. This will make you feel better at work, and at the same time, decrease the impact on the environment.