It is not easy to collect the Best midsize sedan 2019 on the market. The sedan format has seen its sales figures fall dramatically in recent years, overcome by the alliance of the bodies of 5 doors. Both compact and family, and the strength of the omnipresent SUV, hybrid cars whose rise does not seem to end.
Saloons are still exciting and practical formats to transport the family and make great journeys with space and comfort. They are benefited by very favorable aerodynamics compared to SUVs, much more on average.
We collect in this purchase guide only the best sedans on the market. All are selected by experts for each segment and price. Excluding only the most exclusive representation saloons. The price places them far from what the average buyer can acquire.
Best midsize sedan 2019
The midsize sedan on the market is those that derive from the compact segment and add to the original 5-door some centimeters, a larger trunk, and a more classic and elegant aesthetic. We present below our selection of the Best midsize sedan 2019 on the market.
Mazda 3 Sport Sedan
The Mazda 3 Sport Sedan is a sedan of compact dimensions, with four doors that share design, engines, and equipment with the Mazda 3 5-door, and costs about 500 dollars more than the latter. It appears as a small Mazda 6, more modest and almost 30 centimeters shorter.
- The best: Behavior, luggage capacity, equipment.
- The improbable: Rather a high price, narrow boot cargo mouth.
Audi A3 Sedan
The new generation of the Audi A3 premiered the sedan version in 2013.
- The best: Quality and interior design, technology.
- The improbable: Very classic aesthetics, the uncommunicative touch of direction, high price
Mercedes Class A Sedan
The Mercedes Class A Sedan is the most classic and elegant 4-door version of the Mercedes A-Class. It has a larger trunk but narrower access and an identical cabin in dimensions and finishes. Becoming the sedan access to the range Mercedes, below Class C.
- The best: Interior design, quality, finishes, double digital screen.
- The improbable: Classic exterior design, high price, cost of options
Toyota Corolla Sedan
The new Toyota Corolla is an excellent successor to the Auris. It improves design, presentation, quality finishes, and equipment possibilities. It is offered exclusively with hybrid engines and always with a rich endowment of series.
- The best: Quality of completion, safety equipment, single engine 122 HP.
- The improbable: CVT change, without personalization options, without engine HSD 180 HP
With the latest generation, the Superb gains in the image, quality of finish, and equipment possibilities. The engines can reach 280 HP of power.
- The best: Quality, presentation, boot, amplitude.
- The improbable: Dimensions, small motors something fair.
The Mazda 6 is a sizeable 4-door saloon that is also available in a family version (Wagon). If you like to drive, this can be your car.
- The best: Spacious cabin, behavior, efficient engines.
- The improbable: Rather high price, closed equipment
The Passat is one of the references of the segment for quality finishes and range of propellers. Its closest alternatives are the Ford Mondeo and the Opel Insignia.
- The best: Construction quality, interior space, trunk, engine range, attractive aesthetics.
- The improbable: High price, price of options.
Alfa Romeo Giulia
Alfa Romeo returns to segment D with a saloon sporty and rear-wheel drive, available with both diesel and petrol engines.
- The best: Aesthetics, pure sportsmanship, rear-wheel drive, and mass distribution.
- The improbable: Quality of some plastics, high price.
The Volvo S60 is a sedan the size of a BMW 3 Series, a model that shines especially for comfort. The quality of finishes and the full range of equipment available in the catalog. It also has a family body alternative, the Volvo V60.
- The best: Interior and exterior design, security, exclusivity.
- The improbable: Without diesel, high price.
The Audi A4 is a medium-sized saloon, available in 4-door body and family. It competes directly with the Mercedes C-Class and the BMW 3 Series See all the features of the Audi A4.
- The best: Construction quality, interior design, and materials, technology.
- The improbable: Very classic aesthetics, feeling of driving behind its rivals.
BMW 3 Series
The BMW 3 Series is a modern sedan that competes with the A4 and Class C of Audi and Mercedes. As an alternative to the sedan, a family variant will also be offered.
- The best: The reference in behavior, rear-wheel drive, range of engines, driving touch
- The improbable: Trunk, interior space limited by mechanical configuration
Mercedes C Class
The Mercedes C-Class is the mid-size Mercedes saloon. Also available in the family body with the Mercedes C-Class Estate and 2-door body with the Mercedes C-Class Coupe. Launched in 2014.
- The best: Interior and exterior design, driving touch.
- The improbable: Improved plastics quality and adjustments, noisy diesel engines
The saloon of Swedish representation enjoys an excellent quality of execution, a full interior, and very high equipment possibilities. The drivers are very frugal and give superior performance.
- The best: Spectacular design, construction quality, aesthetics and materials in the interior, surprising behavior, tight consumption.
- The improbable: High price, we have observed repeated failures in the navigator in different units, just trunk.
Volvo S90 T8 PHEV
The Volvo S90 T8 is a plug-in hybrid of 4 cylinders (despite its name) that reaches 400 HP and combines in a single vehicle the Scandinavian style, the best interior finishes, outstanding ride comfort and the ability to circulate in electric mode for a few tens of kilometers. Its orientation is more to benefits than consumptions when the battery runs out and the deposits are drunk without contemplations on the open road.
- The best: Behavior in city, design, qualities, comfort, seats, first-class performance level.
- The improbable: The improvement begins when the electric power is finished, and it becomes a gasoline car with an inclination to drink.
Tesla Model S
The Tesla Model S is the battery-powered electric with more autonomy that is on sale in Spain from € 83,000.
- The best: Vertigo benefits, walking silence, exclusivity, differentiated aesthetics.
- The improbable: Finishing details, interior design somewhat forced by the screen, absence of recharging points.
BMW 5 Series PHEV
The BMW 5 Series PHEV is the plug-in hybrid version of the 5 Series, oriented to an electric use in the city and to obtain high performance on the road. It has all the ingredients of a Series 5 (quality of construction, comfort, driving sense) but seasoned with the silence of march in the electric mode that will last for a few tens of kilometers every morning. Once the battery is discharged, it becomes a powerful gasoline car with a ballast of 200 kg of batteries and appropriate consumption.
- The best: Comfort, walking silence, behavior in the city.
- The improbable: Consumption in gasoline mode, high weight, very high price.