Cinnamon is one of the most widely used spices in cooking since there are many foods that can be combined with it to enjoy a wonderful flavor. And it is that it can not only be used for this purpose but thanks to its medicinal properties you can use it to benefit from it, providing your body with great health benefits.
One of the ways you can do this is by making a delicious cinnamon tea. Do you want to know how? In this article, we tell you what cinnamon water is for and the benefits of cinnamon water.
Benefits of cinnamon water
Thanks to the advantages that cinnamon water brings to your body, you can use it to improve your health and keep it in an optimal state. These are the benefits and uses of cinnamon water:
- It brings benefits to women: cinnamon water is very useful when you want to speed up your period, as well as regulate it. It has also been used to stimulate labor by drinking one or two cups of this water when the expectant mother has passed the known probable due date.
- Purifies the body: due to its diuretic and purifying properties, in addition to having natural antioxidants, it can help you eliminate unwanted toxins from your body and prevent fluid retention.
- Helps with diabetes: This infusion helps regulate and control blood glucose levels, but check with your doctor first, as it can negatively interfere with certain medications used for this purpose.
- Control high cholesterol: surely if you have high cholesterol levels, you will be interested in this drink, since it is very useful to lower and control those levels. This happens thanks to its antioxidant properties.
- It is digestive: among the properties of cinnamon water, its stimulating and digestive action stands out. Due to this, it can be used against indigestion, lack of appetite, gases, flatulence and slow and heavy digestion.
- It is expectorant and anti-inflammatory: it also contains expectorant and anti-inflammatory properties, making it useful against flu, colds and respiratory problems.
- Helps you lose weight: Cinnamon water also has certain properties that can help you lose weight.
Improves blood circulation: thanks to its antiplatelet, antisclerotic and antithrombotic properties, cinnamon favors the correct circulation of blood.
- Fights bad breath: Cinnamon has great aromatic, bacteriostatic and antiseptic properties, which help to combat the main causes of bad breath.
How to make cinnamon water?
Now that you know all the benefits of cinnamon water, you will surely be interested in knowing how to make this infusion, and it is that in a few minutes you can have it ready to enjoy its special flavor.
You will only need:
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup of water
How to make cinnamon tea step by step
Next, you will only have to do the following:
- Fill a saucepan the size you want with water, depending on the amount you are going to eat.
- Then place it on the fire to bring the water to a boil.
- Before the water begins to boil, crumble the cinnamon stick and add it to the saucepan with water. Boil for 3 minutes.
- After those 3 minutes, turn off the heat, cover the saucepan and let it rest for 3 more minutes.
- To finish, remove the cinnamon stick and you can now enjoy this wonderful infusion.
Cinnamon water contraindications
There are certain considerations to take into account when ingesting cinnamon water since there are some contraindications to cinnamon that it is important for you to know:
Pregnancy or lactation: if you are pregnant or lactating, you should not ingest this type of spice, since due to two compounds called glycyrrhizin and coumarin, it can be toxic and harmful to the baby, it could also cause problems in its development or even an abortion spontaneous. For more information, see this other article on Abortive plants prohibited in pregnancy.
Children under 6 years: its administration is not recommended in children under 6 years due to the high levels of glucocorticoids that it triggers in the body of the young person.
Liver or kidney problems: if you suffer from any type of liver or kidney problem, refrain from taking this infusion, since due to coumarin, it could worsen your situation.
Diabetes Medications: If you have diabetes and are on medication, be aware that cinnamon may interfere negatively with such medications, so it is best not to take a cinnamon infusion.
Cinnamon water side effects
Side effects are very rare. However, excessive consumption of cinnamon can generate certain adverse effects, such as:
Stomach pain: Cinnamon water can sometimes cause reflux or heartburn in some people.
Exhaustion: Another possible side effect of cinnamon tea is insomnia or, on the contrary, tiredness. In addition, it is sometimes accompanied by excessive sweating.
Allergic Reactions: If you notice that your eyes are itchy, that you have mucus or you see rashes on your skin after drinking this infusion, you may have an allergy to cinnamon. It is vitally important that you go to the doctor immediately if you have swelling of the throat, lips and / or tongue.
Heart problems: Another of the possible adverse effects of cinnamon can be heart-related problems since excessive consumption of this spice can cause arrhythmias, tachycardia and respiratory problems.
Mouth sores: Mouth sores are also likely to appear, in addition to dermatitis, gingivitis, and rashes.
Hemorrhage: Excessive consumption of cinnamon tea can cause bleeding due to the anticoagulant properties of cinnamon.
You may like also to read http://honeyblackmagazine.com/